Re: using python snippets in Lilypond

From: Avner Dorman
Subject: Re: using python snippets in Lilypond
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 10:41:00 -0400

So I create the python snippet - how do I then call it in the score?

I apologize if this is too basic of a question...

Thanks!
Avner

On 2015-06-21 16:28, David Kastrup wrote:
Dear All,

>I understand that there is a way to use
>python snippets within a lilypond score.
Not that I know of, so it would seem that any such possibility would not
be advertised widely and definitely not be a core feature of LilyPond.

The LilyPond editor Frescobaldi may be extended in Python if I am not
mistaken.

Yes, you can use Python snippets in Frescobaldi, but not in the LilyPond code/score directly - instead they are created in a special Snippets editor.

Best
Peter