Missing \new Voice in output of musicxml2ly

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Missing \new Voice in output of musicxml2ly
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 00:48:26 +0200

Hi list,

I have a short Finale created (and by hand shortened) MusicXML file
(attached) that I wish to import to lilypond. I also attached what
musicxml2ly produces.

I'm using lilypond 2.19.21 on linux.

The main problem is in this block (similar for all other voices):
      \new Staff <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Sopran 1"
        \context Staff <<
          \context Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" { \PartPOneVoiceOne }
          \new Lyrics \lyricsto "PartPOneVoiceOne"
\PartPOneVoiceOneLyricsOne

This results in an error. Changing it into
      \new Staff <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Sopran 1"
          \new Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" { \PartPOneVoiceOne }
          \new Lyrics \lyricsto "PartPOneVoiceOne"
\PartPOneVoiceOneLyricsOne

(i.e. removing the \context Staff block and creating a Voice instead of
using the Voice context) creates the score I'd like to see.

Is this a bug in muxicxml or am I doing something stupid ?

The example xml file has removed 42 bars by manual editing for brevity.
The same problem occurs with the unedited larger file.

Best wishes,
Michael

--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden