Slightly OT: Help needed with asynchronuous function call in JavaScript

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Slightly OT: Help needed with asynchronuous function call in JavaScript
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 04:08:55 +0200

Hey all,

I'm testing a way to integrate syntax highlighted LilyPond code in a
GitBook book. I'm quite happy so far with everything (particularly
because I could finally pick up an idea that might eventually lead to
colored code examples in the LilyPond manuals).
But I'm stuck with the problem of getting to the highlighted HTML out of
the function and back into the book. The problem is obviously related to
asynchronuous function calling, which I simply don't understand well
enough (well, I don't really know JavaScript/Node.js).

I'd be glad if someone with the relevant experience could have a look at
this:
https://git.ursliska.de/openlilylib/book/commit/e37710bf6523536aaff7b17ba67b9fcc2718f6da

It's somewhat sketchy, not everything expresses my real ideas.
I assume that when line 87 tries to read the temporary file this hasn't
been written by the called Python script yet.

Thank you for any ideas
Urs