Re: organizing orchestral music

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: organizing orchestral music
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:45:58 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 25. Juni 2015 um 18:12:42 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Gergely K.:

> > No, you don't have to. Right-click on the tab of your main file
> > and check "always engrave this file".
>
> Thanks for the tip, one less keypress, but still have to press Ctrl-M
> to engrave, since only the included file is changed from perspective
> of violin.ly

Hm, pressing a key in a program like lilypond to redisplay a file
while being able to continue to work on the source is not exactly what
I would consider harmful for the workflow (while working on a file I
also happen to hit Ctl-s quite frequently as well even though this is
not part of the file's music contents ;-).

But if that *really* slows you down considerably or annoys you: For
other reasons I use a simple shell script which checks regularly for
file changes on dependent files and invokes lilypond automatically in
that case. I don't know frescobaldi well enough, but if it
automatically redisplays a changed pdf this could be a path to follow.

--
Orm