Re: Starting off a new community book project

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Starting off a new community book project
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:38:14 +0200

Le 25 juin 2015 à 13:07, Urs Liska <address@hidden> a écrit :

Am 25.06.2015 um 08:02 schrieb Jacques Menu:
Hello Urs,

Great idea!

I can contribute with contents such as the attached.

You mean with directions how to achieve such material?
That would be fine, just make a suggestion how to fit it in an outline
(doesn't matter if it would still be out of context).

That could be kind of a case study of some size.
It would show the use of bash, LaTeX and lilypond-book to typeset a bassoon or oboe/english horn fingerings table (I have both), and targeting readers with some knowledge of these tools.

The idea is to iterate on the generation of LP code for all notes on the instrument from templates, in which __*__ models are replaced with actual values.
The graphics thus produced by lilypond-book are then used in a regular LaTeX file to obtain the document.

Some extracts follow (would have to be fined-tuned and totally adapted to English of course, I wrote all this some time ago).

I also attach a view of the oboe stuff.

HTH!

JM

------------

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/DoigtesDeBasson > cat ModeleDeNote_bass.tex
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}

\begin[fragment,staffsize=16,notime]{lilypond} % quote,
%\version "2.13.63"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.

\clef bass
\relative c__RELATIVITE_EN_CLE_DE_FA__
{
__NOTE__
}

\end{lilypond}
\end{document}

------------

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/DoigtesDeBasson > cat ToutSynthetiser
#!//bin/bash

set -x

GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT=bass_tenor_treble
#GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT=bass_tenor
#GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT=bass
#GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT=tenor
#GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT=treble

FICHIER_MODELE_DE_NOTE=ModeleDeNote_${GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT}.tex

SOURCE_DIR=lilysource_${GENRE_DE_FRAGMENT}

LOG_FILE=$0.log

if [ -d ${SOURCE_DIR} ]; then
rm -r ${SOURCE_DIR}
fi

mkdir ${SOURCE_DIR}

cd ${SOURCE_DIR}

for OCTAVE in 0 1 2 3; do

for NOTE in c cis des d dis ees e f fis ges g gis aes a ais bes b; do

MODELE=${PWD}/../${FICHIER_MODELE_DE_NOTE}
TEX_FILE=${PWD}/${NOTE}${OCTAVE}.tex
EPS_FILE=${PWD}/${NOTE}${OCTAVE}.eps

echo "==> $0 MODELE = ${MODELE} TEX_FILE = ${TEX_FILE} EPS_FILE = ${EPS_FILE}"
pwd
echo ""

../SynthetiserFichierTeX ${NOTE} ${OCTAVE} ${MODELE} > ${TEX_FILE}

../LilypondIt ${TEX_FILE} # >> ${LOG_FILE} 2&>1

ls -sal ${EPS_FILE}

done

done

cd ..

echo ""
echo "--> Fichiers EPS synthetises :"
ls -sal ${SOURCE_DIR}/*.eps
echo ""

------------

address@hidden:~/Documents/LaTeX/DoigtesDeBasson > cat LilypondIt
#!/bin/bash

#set -x

USAGE="--> Usage: $0 sourceFileName"

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
echo ${USAGE}
exit
fi

SOURCE_FILE=$1
SOURCE_FILE_SANS_SUFFIXE=${SOURCE_FILE/.tex/}
WORK_DIR=lilywork
EPS_RESULTING_FILE="${SOURCE_FILE_SANS_SUFFIXE}.eps"

if [ -d ${WORK_DIR} ]; then
rm -r ${WORK_DIR}
fi

mkdir ${WORK_DIR}

lilypond-book --output=$WORK_DIR ${SOURCE_FILE_SANS_SUFFIXE}.tex
echo ""

set -x

EPS_FILE=${WORK_DIR}/*/*-1.eps
ls -salt ${EPS_FILE}