Re: garbled output, error

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: garbled output, error
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:04:45 +0200

Well, I've now loaded this up on my laptop, and re-cloned the openlilylib directory, and now the problem no longer appears. I have other issues -- namely that my production box is running lilypond 2.19.22, which I can't seem to install from ubuntu -- but those are minor.

Urs, did you update something on the git tree, or was this simply a problem on my side that I'll run into again when I get back home?

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 26.06.2015 um 23:50 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Oh, I didn't realize this might be for me...
>> I'll try to look into it ASAP. But at the moment I don't have a
>> working LilyPond at hand.
>>
>> I have some ideas, though. Maybe openlilylib has to be adapted to a
>> recent LilyPond improvement.
>
> Well, it's probably most reliable if your installation instructions
> and/or scripts include a run of convert-ly.  Otherwise, there will be
> unhappy people with either variant for a long time.

I think in the case of openLilyLib I will manually update the code and
include a version switch. openLilyLib should in general work with all
versions at least since the latest stable release.

Users should not do any update/convert-ly themselves, they rather
download or 'git pull' updated versions of the library.

Urs