Re: placement of \trill script

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: placement of \trill script
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:46:22 +1000

Hi Patrick,

This comes up quite often in 18c music. The way I do it is to have separate voices for the notes in the chords. Adding an ornament then goes in the right place beside the note automatically. The downside is, perhaps, that then you get offsetting of the notes for the voices, and you may not want that, and then you need to adjust them. This works well if you have the typical polyphonic lines of 18c music, where they preferred the offset notes in chords, but if it is just for one chord then Pierre’s solution is better. I just mention this other technique for completeness.

Andrew