Re: Frescobaldi not using correct lilypond version

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi not using correct lilypond version
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 23:37:58 +0200

Am 29.06.2015 um 23:12 schrieb N. Andrew Walsh:
> As I explained in another thread, gentoo uses a rolling, "live" version
> number (ie program-9999) to build directly from Git/Subversion versions
> of certain packages. Lilypond is one of these, and my current instance
> of 'lilypond -v' returns the following:
>
> $ lilypond -v
> GNU LilyPond 2.19.23
>
> Copyright (c) 1996--2015 by
> [etc etc]
>
> However, if I run Frescobaldi, the snippet to insert the lilypond
> version (Shift-Ctrl-V for me) inserts the line
>
> \version "2.19.22"
>
> and running lily on a current project also tries to run version 2.19.22.
>
> Is this just something goofy with using a live version that reports
> itself as .23, but which is identified from the outside (by whatever
> mechanism frescobaldi uses to identify the current lily version) as .22?

No, there's nothing wrong, it's simply that Frescobaldi doesn't
automatically detect when the version has changed. I think it stores the
version numbers somewhere in its settings.
To update the version for the \version command and the display in the
log go to Edit->Preferences->LilyPond Preferences, select your version
and open the "edit..." dialog once. You don't have to do anything there
but the Lily version should be updated afterwards.

HTH
Urs