Re: Frescobaldi not using correct lilypond version

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi not using correct lilypond version
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:22:45 +0200

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 29.06.2015 um 23:12 schrieb N. Andrew Walsh:
>> As I explained in another thread, gentoo uses a rolling, "live" version
>> number (ie program-9999) to build directly from Git/Subversion versions
>> of certain packages. Lilypond is one of these, and my current instance
>> of 'lilypond -v' returns the following:
>>
>> $ lilypond -v
>> GNU LilyPond 2.19.23
>>
>> Copyright (c) 1996--2015 by
>> [etc etc]
>>
>> However, if I run Frescobaldi, the snippet to insert the lilypond
>> version (Shift-Ctrl-V for me) inserts the line
>>
>> \version "2.19.22"
>>
>> and running lily on a current project also tries to run version 2.19.22.
>>
>> Is this just something goofy with using a live version that reports
>> itself as .23, but which is identified from the outside (by whatever
>> mechanism frescobaldi uses to identify the current lily version) as .22?
>
> No, there's nothing wrong, it's simply that Frescobaldi doesn't
> automatically detect when the version has changed. I think it stores the
> version numbers somewhere in its settings.
> To update the version for the \version command and the display in the
> log go to Edit->Preferences->LilyPond Preferences, select your version
> and open the "edit..." dialog once. You don't have to do anything there
> but the Lily version should be updated afterwards.

Actually, I wouldn't.  The last currently known syntax is 2.19.22 since
2.19.23 has not been released.  If you declare your input files as being
2.19.23 and further developments result in a syntax change with a
convert-ly rule for 2.19.23, this rule will no longer get applied to
your source code which already proclaims to be written for 2.19.23.

--
David Kastrup