Re: Beginning with Grace Notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Beginning with Grace Notes
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 20:12:19 +0200

Sam Bivens <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having some trouble beginning a phrase with a grace note. In
> correct.ly, everything looks fine. In incorrect.ly, I've simply erased
> the opening E in the upper staff. This makes the grace note D the first
> pitch, which for some reason creates a treble clef in the lower staff
> (see incorrect.png) and makes the actual bass clef smaller.
>
> Any tips? I'm on Fedora 22.

Issue 34 in our issue tracker.  Put a matching grace in the other Staff
to let both start at the same point of time.  Something like \grace { s8
} is perfectly fine to match a \grace { c8 } (or whatever it was, I did
not actually look).  It's a "known issue" in the manual section covering
grace notes but frequently overlooked.

--
David Kastrup