Re: Partial Bars

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Partial Bars
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:53:01 +0200

Very good example. However, I have two major points to make here:
– As Lily correctly handles it, both alternatives always start at the same bar number (at least in this convention counting repeats only once). Thus, the close of the minuet would have bar 16a for the first, 16b for the second alternative and (16b) for the partial measure opening the trio. (The other convention to which I’m alluding would have 24, 32, and (32) respectively, but that isn’t yet supported by Lily.)
– The second alternatives closing both Minuet and Trio need a \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment 0) at the beginning. With your ~2.ly score, I get two failing bar checks. This workaround is documented AFAIK.
– And a small, unrelated remark: the upbeat for the Trio should read r8 r4, not the other way round :-)

Correct version attached.
Yours, Simon