Re: Problem with Percent repeats

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Re: Problem with Percent repeats
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 19:48:00 -0400

Thank you for your speedy reply and candor. I appreciate this, as now I can look forward to seeing improvements with an already stellar program and tinker with the "moment" at the same time! Thanks again!

IC,

Josh

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 5:26 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Joshua Nichols <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I absolutely sent the wrong example. This is my work around for right now,
>> here below, and re-attached, is the example I'm having trouble with.
>
> Ok, here's the deal: percent repeats don't work with changed time
> signatures.  The problem is that a change in time signature is effected
> by a context property change while typesetting, and the percent repeat
> _iterator_ starts making decisions at the time it encounters the \repeat
> percent which is earlier.
>
> That's stupid.  It's also the same problem as issue 3693
> <URL:https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3693>.

It turns out that emulating the broken part is somewhat feasible.

  {
    \time 5/16  a16\<[ r c-> r a]
    \time 4/16  c16->\! r r8 \mark \markup { \box 191 }
  }
  \omit\time 9/32
  #(make-music 'DoublePercentEvent
    'length (ly:make-moment 9/16))
  #(make-music 'DoublePercentEvent
    'length (ly:make-moment 9/16))

There is a whole bunch wrong with that.  But the graphical output in
_this_ staff (others will likely need to have the time signature made
invisible as well) seems to be more or less what you want.  Maybe one
can play around in order to make the input correspond a bit better with
the logic.

--
David Kastrup