Re: Switching on/off instrument staff

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Switching on/off instrument staff
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 09:33:31 -0700 (MST)

Victor,

You have gotten some great advice. Sorry they don't work for you. As I've been thinking about your dilemma I wondered if you could just do something like

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \denies "PianoStaff"

on the top-level to remove the PianoStaff altogether (assuming this is how you built the piano part), but that doesn't do it either. This would be the kind of solution you would be looking for. Sorry it doesn't work like I postulated. I think I have a solution, but seeing a tiny example of a couple of files the exemplify your work-flow may help us out. Just put them in the body of an email like this:

%%% file1.ly

voicePart = { c1 }
pianoRH = { c1 }
pianoLH = { c1 }

\include "formato.ly"

%%% file2.ly

voicePart = { b1 }
pianoRH = { b1 }
pianoLH = { b1 }

\include "formato.ly"

%%% formato.ly

\paper {
  indent = 0
}

\layout {
  \override SomeThing.property = 1.5
  \override SomeThingElse.property = 0
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \voicePart
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff \pianoRH
      \new Staff \pianoLH

  \layout {}
}

%%% masterfile.ly

\include "file1.ly"
\include "file2.ly"

%%%

I just made that up, of course. Thank you in advance for clarifying things so that we may help you better.
- Abraham