Re: Overriding font size in markup variable

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Overriding font size in markup variable
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 11:49:11 +1000

Hi Javier,

No, that does not work. But if you are going to type '\override #'(font-size . 10)’ why not remove the font size specification from your variable and just preface it with '\abs-fontsize #10’ or whatever you require? Alternatively, if you require a few sizes, and don’t want to type the size specification all the time, have a variable for each size: thisTextLarge, thisTextMedium, thisTextSmall, etc. Don’t forget that lilypond has built in
\huge and \teeny and friends \larger and \smaller (although I see you want absolute sizes).

Andrew