Re: proportional notation from MIDI file

From: karl
Subject: Re: proportional notation from MIDI file
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 15:15:44 +0200 (CEST)

Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno dom 12 lug 2015 alle 12:58, Peter <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a MIDI file to an
> > proportional (spacial) notated score with LilyPond? In other words:
> > can
> > LilyPond calculate the right spaces between the notes based on timing
> > in a
> > MIDI file?
>
> You have to convert the MIDI to a lilypond file first,

For the conversion you can use:

 http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/invoking-midi2ly

or my program

 http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/miditoly.pl

neither program is perfect, my program is more to the experimental
variety. If you need help with the conversion, feel free to ask for more
help.

> then you can read this page:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation

Regards,