Re: Easy way to switch off transpositions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Easy way to switch off transpositions
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 01:14:30 +0200

Chris Yate <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12 July 2015 at 23:02, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Chris Yate <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > I find it would be very convenient every now and again to be able to
>> change
>> > a score to be non-transposing -- in order to easily check pitches etc.
>> >
>> > Any better approaches?
>>
>> Well, the Midi should be fine already, so you need this just for
>> proofreading.  And for that, you should be able to just transpose back
>> again.
>>
>> Another possibility is working with music quotes: those are always in
>> concert pitch.
>
> Ah -- applying the inverse transposition on each voice, in the concert
> pitch score?  Of course! Yes, I think that would work, will give it a go.

Getting the Midi transpositions out will likely work in 2.19.24 by using
the redefinition

transposition = \tag per-instrument \transposition \etc

in your general includes and then using

\removeTag per-instrument ...

on the music expressions in the partitura.  The syntactic sugar \etc is
issue 4487 and will likely appear in origin/master within a week.

--
David Kastrup