Cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction not set

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction not set
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 23:23:46 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure what I'm meant to do to fix this... Have already used explicit positioning for the rests but that doesn't stop the warnings.

Granted they're *only* warnings but I always prefer clean compilation.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

---

\language "english"

\new Score
{
  \relative c''
  {
        <<
        \new CueVoice {
          \stemDown
         \slurDown
         f,2_\markup{"Tbn 2"}\mp ( d
      f2 g4) f\rest
        }
        \\
        \new CueVoice {
          \stemUp
          \slurUp
     af2^\markup{"Tbn 1"} ( bf4 c8 d
      b2 c4) e\rest

Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.18.2 [Untitled]...

Processing `c:/users/chris/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-ywvkwd/tmpivikeh/document.ly'

Parsing...

c:/users/chris/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-ywvkwd/tmpivikeh/document.ly:1: warning: no \version statement found, please add

\version "2.18.2"

for future compatibility

Interpreting music...

Preprocessing graphical objects...

Finding the ideal number of pages...

Fitting music on 1 page...

Drawing systems...

c:/users/chris/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-ywvkwd/tmpivikeh/document.ly:13:14: warning: cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction not set

f2 g4)

f\rest

c:/users/chris/appdata/local/temp/frescobaldi-ywvkwd/tmpivikeh/document.ly:13:14: warning: cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction not set

f2 g4)

f\rest

Layout output to `document.ps'...