Re: Using force-hshift to create a cross-staff chord

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Using force-hshift to create a cross-staff chord
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 05:32:39 +0000 (UTC)

Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> writes:

> Knute Snortum <ksnortum <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I thought the answer would be to force-hshift the lower note but it
> > doesn't seem to "move".

> We should file a bug-report, to at least left-align before applying
> explicit force-hshifts

I submitted a patch to omit the hand-aligned notes from the left-aligning.

Another awkward problem is that
  NoteColumn.force-hshift
is ignored when there is only one voice on the staff, because it is only
referenced in the code that resolves the meshing or merging of chords.

Making force-hshift apply to all NoteColumns is more likely to cause
unforeseen problems, so I'm putting that off until a second step.

We will get by a little easier after the first step is in the code,
using the right force-hshifts on the staff with multiple voices