Re: Tweaking in an engraver

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tweaking in an engraver
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:01:09 +0200

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

> The OP described wanting to tweak a note property depending on its
> pitch. Now I may be missing something but do you need to create an
> engraver for this.

Yes and no.  If you quote music in a different transposition and still
want stuff to work on it, you will not be able to solve this at the
music expression level.

As long as there is no danger of quoting or subsequent \relative or
\transpose or expansion of repeat chords or isolated durations...

An engraver has the advantage that it is at the latest possible point in
the pipeline.  But it might be too late to actually change pitches
before other engravers get to see them.

--
David Kastrup