Problem with merging notes and accidental placement in two voices

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Problem with merging notes and accidental placement in two voices
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:13:22 -0400

Greetings -

(This is the second time - my original .png was too large.)

I'm running LilyPond 18.2 under Win7.

I'm attaching 3 files:
1) NoteMergeAndAccidentals.ly   :   LilyPond source file with no tweaks
2) NoteMergeAndAccidentals.pdf   :  a PDF of NoteMergeAndAccidentals.ly
3)NoteMergeAndAccidentalsOriginal.png   :   what I'm trying to replicate.

I'm having problems with some music in two vioces. I can "un-merge" the first two notes in the accompanying .ly file, but I can't seem to un-merge the accidentals. I'm also unable to get separate the a-flat and a-natural and get their accidentals next to the notes.

I would appreciate any help with these issues.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer