Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 152, Issue 74

From: Brother Gabriel-Marie
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 152, Issue 74
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:15:54 -0500

Mr. Kastrup,

I'm sorry!  I realized that after I sent it.  I regretted it.

On 7/21/2015 11:25 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
Both of you have quoted an entire daily digest in your replies. DO NOT EVER DO THIS!!!!! Both of your mails will appear in the next daily digest, meaning that the next daily digest will contain 2 complete quotes of the last daily digest. Keep this up for a week, and 95% of all list traffic will consist of regurgitated old digests. Preferably _never_ reply to a digest (that gives a useless subject line and cross references that would make it possible for mail readers to group mails into threads). And _never_ leave any material in your reply that you are not actually referring to. It just accumulates (or in the case of digests, grows exponentially) in discussions and digests and is readily available in archives, either the official one or your private mail archive. Be courteous to your fellow list readers: don't dump unnecessary material on them and force them to figure out what you intended as context and what is just accumulated garbage.