Re: Spaces around braces

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Spaces around braces
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:07:50 +0200

Hi Simon,

there were versions where this would fail:
\addlyrics{A B}
At least the } would be part of the second syllable. But it compiles
correctly with recent versions. The Frescobaldi syntax highlighting
still thinks the } is part of the lyrics (green, no matching bracket).

Some time ago, the one had to write \overide Lyrics . property inside
the lyric mode.

So probably the request for spaces is a relic of older parser versions?
This is just my observation. There should be people here knowing this in
more detail.

Cheers,
Joram

PS: I am used to coding conventions where the brackets have no spaces
inside (like so) and I found LilyPond code very strange looking in the
beginning. Now, I am used to it and I find myself uneasy without the {
spaces } in Lilypond…