Re: Fret Diagrams in Open Office Writer

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Fret Diagrams in Open Office Writer
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:10:28 +0100

> On 25 Jul 2015, at 15:45, Socrates Leptos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear lilypond users,
>
> I am new to lilypond so I half expect my question to be so ridiculous... I
> hope that you believe me when I say I made every effort within my still
> confused mind to solve this issue to no avail. Here goes...
>
> In Frescobaldi, I input:
>

> \version "2.18.2"
> \markup \fret-diagram #"s:3;6-x;5-x;4-o;3-2;2-3;1-2;"
>

> and I get a perfect D major fret diagram.
>
> However when I copy the exact same command in Open Office Writer (using
> OOolilypond), I get the beginning of a staff with a treble clef and a time
> signature.
>

> Could anyone help me? I tried upgrading Open Office but it didn't help.

I’m using LibreOffice on my iMac, with OOolilypond.oxt installed.

In order to get LilyPond output into the current LibreOffice Writer document, I
have to open up the OOoLilyPond editor via Tools=>Add-Ons=>OooLilyPond.

This brings up a default template, with some example LilyPond source text,
which I can get LilyPond to process using the “LilyPond” button.

I haven’t studied this for several years, but if I remember correctly, I had to
create my own template to get what I wanted. Certainly, if I copy-and-paste
your text in place of the source code that comes up by default I get errors.

I think you will have to create a new template yourself, if all you want is to
display chord diagrams which you have specified yourself string-by-string.

On the other hand, it might be worth looking at the Template called “Fret
Board”, which generates chord symbols directly from chord names.

Michael