Re: Aligning c1 |. with R1 |.

From: Ian Rashkin
Subject: Re: Aligning c1 |. with R1 |.
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 07:33:34 -0400

thanks so much! I didn't see any way to reply to list, only a button to reply to you. I will give this a shot. I appreciate your time.

On 7/28/2015 7:18 AM, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi Ian,

welcome to LilyPond and the list.

Please always adress the mailing list/reply to all.
Others may be interested as well.

hi, sorry to bother you - this
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00880.html fix
sounds like just what i need, but i am a total newbie to lilypond, trying to
decide if it can really do all i want it too. so far the only thing i don't
like is the whole rest positions. but, i don't know how to implement this
patch. I tried saving it and dropping it into
\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly, and then including it in my score. It
totally blew the formatting all out. So not sure if it's just not what I
need, or if I used it incorrectly.
If you don't mind, can you give me a quick clue how to implement?

thanks much,
ian rashkin

Meanwhile David Nalesnik came up with a better function.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-05/msg00834.html

I'd put the function in some "custom-functions.ily" file and include
it if needed/wanted via \include "custom-functions.ily"
You may need to set the include-path as appropiate.

Don't put it in internal files, it will be overridden and lost with
next upgrade.

HTH,
   Harm