Re: Fwd: [smufl-discuss] SMuFL development moves to the new W3C Music No

From: Steve Lacy
Subject: Re: Fwd: [smufl-discuss] SMuFL development moves to the new W3C Music Notation Community Group
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:27:39 -0700

Yes, I think it can do pretty much anything that the standard LilyPond syntax can do, but prohibits pretty much all usage of direct scheme, even in the simplest cases.

It also appears as though variables are prohibited, even a simple example as :

A = { a^\markup "A" }
\relative c' { \A b c }

fails to compile on WikiPedia, but does work on LilyBin.

It's fairly straightforward to create a WikiPedia account, and start editing your "User:" page as an experiment.  For example, I played around a little on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Slacy