Re: \epsfile fails

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: \epsfile fails
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:29:29 -0700 (MST)

Kyle,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Kyle Shaw [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi:

I attempt to compile this:

%%

\version "2.18.2"

\markup {
  \epsfile #X #10 #"MaximLogo2.eps"
}

%%

...and I get this:

warning: `(gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 - dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
-dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./test.pdf
-c.setpdfwrite -ftest.ps)' failed (256)

fatal error: failed files: "~/test.ly"

Any ideas why I can't get \epsfile to work?

Looks like your syntax is fine. Do you mind posting your EPS file so we can test it on our end (a private email is also fine if you don't want to share it publicly)? Seems like it's a problem with that file, but we can only guess without being able to try it ourselves.

- Abraham