Re: Running Lilypond from Debian in a virtual machine via Qemu

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Running Lilypond from Debian in a virtual machine via Qemu
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 13:17:05 +1000

Hi David,

I have zero experience of Qemu but it appears to be quite a low level sort of virtual machine environment. Could you consider running Virtualbox instead? Works very nicely under Windows with Debian, and lilypond runs just fine in that world.

You certainly should not be absolutely requiring such large amounts of memory of necessity. I’d suggest this is some sort of issue with the Qemu memory management under Windows, as a gut feeling.

Andrew