Re: Rest in Lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Rest in Lyrics
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 12:49:58 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

[ \addlyrics \with ]

> If we allow this general approach for every Lyrics-context (and
> ofcourse we do so), then it's a strong argument to allow \with for the
> context created by \addlyrics as well.

Every other context-creating command accepts \with (this includes
\context ... which will only use the context mod _if_ it creates a new
context rather than switch to an existing one).  Including the old
shortcuts \lyrics, \figures, \chords, \drums.  But not \lyricsto which
does not create a context of its own.

So it just means fewer things to remember if \addlyrics is not
exceptional in that respect.

--
David Kastrup