Re: MIDI track names

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: MIDI track names
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 21:23:05 +0600

Am 2015-08-03 um 20:28 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

>> The title of my songs, as shown e.g. QuickTime player, is always
>> „control track“, even if I name everything in my source - is there a
>> way to fix this? I.e. what else should I name?
>
> From lily/control-track-performer.cc:
>
> void
> Control_track_performer::initialize ()
> {
>  control_track_ = new Audio_staff;
>  announce_element (Audio_element_info (control_track_, 0));
>
>  string id_string = String_convert::pad_to (gnu_lilypond_version_string (),
> 30);
>
>  add_text (Audio_text::TRACK_NAME, "control track");
>  add_text (Audio_text::TEXT, "creator: ");
>  add_text (Audio_text::TEXT, id_string);
> }
>
> That looks like you are out of luck here.  No idea what happens when the
> Control_track_performer gets removed but I doubt it's useful.

Thank you for looking into that!

I guess since it’s C code, one cannot simply override a few things (like the
„add_text“ lines) from a score source?

Has the control track performer access to the metadata from \header{}?
In that case, I suggest to default the name to header’s „title“ setting.
What do you think?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net