Re: Pull in external LilyPond files into a score of movements

From: unlabeled
Subject: Re: Pull in external LilyPond files into a score of movements
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 05:04:06 -0700 (MST)

Thank you all so much, i'm just getting into lilypond and trying to figure
out how to make it work for my workflow. i have a solution i like to this,
or similar, issue, which i will share soon. meanwhile, i have a question
that will help me finish it:
is there such a thing as a null0if, or a ternary operator that can be used
inline? I want to do something like this:

\header {
    title = \title
  }

but if \title hasn't been defined (because I'm running an ily outside its
container), then it fails. Would like to do something like title = \title ||
"" (to borrow javascript syntax - use \title var if it exists, else use an
empty string).

I guess if not, I can write a scheme function, but haven't delved into that
yet, and trying to figure out the simplest approach.

Thanks.