Re: TextScript extra-offset in Scheme

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: TextScript extra-offset in Scheme
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 13:12:47 +0100

Hi Andrew,

If you don't mind manually positioning every single one of these items
then something like this might help. I wrapped your markup in an event
function (for your custom markup you can still keep it in a separate
variable/function). By setting the X and Y offsets you can manually
choose the position relative to the center line of the staff. If you
prefer you could tweak the extra-offset instead the same way, which is
closer to what you were asking:

\version "2.18.2"

graphic =
#(define-event-function (parser location dest offset)
   (pair? pair?)
   #{
     -\tweak Y-offset #(cdr offset)
     -\tweak X-offset #(car offset)
     % alternatively to the two lines above you could use:
     % -\tweak extra-offset #offset
     ^\markup
     \draw-line #dest
   #})

treble = \relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \time 1/4

  \grace {
    \stemDown
    \override TextScript.outside-staff-priority = ##f
    bes8\graphic #'(2 . 2) #'(0 . 0.5)
  }
  bes4 a c
}