Re: 2.19.24 'add-score' + \noPageBreak

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 2.19.24 'add-score' + \noPageBreak
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 21:27:38 +0200

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:
>>> #(add-score #{ \noPageBreak #})
>>
>> Which version should that ever have worked in?
>
> I haven't figured out when it changed (git bisect), but it at least
> worked in 2.19.15. (With the added parser attribute "#(add-score
> parser #{ \noPageBreak #})")

No, it didn't.  In version 2.19.21, the default compilation options
changed to have assertion failures triggered by default.  It's more or
less pure luck that you did not get a crash for that code.

Something _valid_ (with current function call conventions) would be

#(add-score #{ \score { \noPageBreak } #})

but \noPageBreak does not seem meaningful as the sole content of a
score.  Is there a reason you cannot just use

\noPageBreak

on its own?

--
David Kastrup