Re: Center paper column

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Center paper column
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 19:10:50 -0400

Hi Victor,

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Víctor <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Lilyponders:

I've already made this question, but now it's lost under a ton of mails, so I'll ask again:

I can't work with Lilypond for a couple weeks, so hopefully someone else will be able to take a look at this for you.

I've been using David Nalesnik's CenterPaperColumn function for a while now, and I've stumbled upon a glitch with tied notes in the first staff when one of the notes involved is centered. This only seems to happen when the system is broken manualy. See the attachment for details.

I looked at this a liitle bit when you first posted and found that the problem is not limited to manual breaks.  If I remember correctly, the problem is that the tie's length is not properly adjusted when the PaperColumn on the right is moved by the centering mechanism.  Perhaps this relates somehow to the fact that ties are not attached to two bounds as slurs are  -- just speculation on my part.  Anyway, maybe this can give someone a clue to what's going on.

HTH,
David