arabic tabs?

From: BB
Subject: arabic tabs?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 14:31:01 +0200

I found two possibilities to write arabic accidentals in the Notation reference.
2.10.1 Common notation for non-Western music
\include "makam.ly"
with English names (c d ...),
and
2.10.2 Arabic music
using the Italian names ( do re ...)

Both hard to remember the different postfixes, but works anyway. I myself prefer the English name version.

As a nonarabic Oud player I am interested in tabs with quarter tones. I was thinking about how to do this and found, that one might set a sign for half flat oder half sharp before the fret number in the tab. So I will be remembered to take care for that quarter tones. Well, fretless instruments do not have frets, but an equivalent finger set.

Does anybody have such a solution or another one?

Regards,
BB