How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?

From: Dominic
Subject: How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:06:34 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

Consider the following tiny example:

/\version "2.19.23"
\relative c' { \time 6/4 <c' e,>4 q:8 q:16 q:32 q:64 q:128 }/

and its output:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179448/StemTremolo.png>

With one slash or two slashes, everything looks fine, but with three or more
slashes, the gap between the top of the NoteHead and the bottom of the
StemTremolo (illustrated with red lines in my image) is too narrow for my
liking. There is clearly some kind of minimum distance that Lilypond is
obeying, but I can't figure out what it is or how to adjust it. I have
looked through the Internals reference and played around with several
properties but without finding a universal solution. Is it a property of the
NoteHead, the Stem, or the StemTremolo?

At the moment I have to laboriously override the Stem.length-fraction on an
individual basis, depending on how many slashes there are, which is not
ideal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dominic