Re: How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 01:56:53 +0200

Am 11.08.2015 um 01:06 schrieb Dominic:
With one slash or two slashes, everything looks fine, but with three or more
slashes, the gap between the top of the NoteHead and the bottom of the
StemTremolo (illustrated with red lines in my image) is too narrow for my
liking.

I agree on that but I haven’t found a solution yet. For beams there is the property alist 'details that seems to make similar things possible but this doesn’t exist for stem tremolos. (And apart from that, the meaning of the twelve details is not documented so I’ve no idea what one would have to change exactly.)

The gap is not only very small but sometimes definitely *too* small so that there are collisions. I posted to the bug-lilypond list:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2015-07/msg00067.html
but there was only one answer saying that this is similar to issue 3143 which I don’t agree to (issue 3143 is about beam grobs, not stem tremlo grobs).