Re: How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: How to adjust the padding between a StemTremolo and a NoteHead?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:00:53 +0200

 Dominic wrote:

At the moment I have to laboriously override the Stem.length-fraction on an
individual basis, depending on how many slashes there are, which is not
ideal.

Any ideas?

I had this problem recently and worked around it with

hoist = % for moving StemTremolo beams further from notehead
{
  \once \override Stem.length =
  #(lambda (grob) (+ 1 (ly:stem::calc-length grob)))
}

Comment indicates I had reservations about 'unpure only'.
Someone else might be able to explain that.

Cheers,
Robin