space between nested staff groups

From: Michael Dunlap
Subject: space between nested staff groups
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:59:57 -0700

Hi all,

In the example below, there is extra vertical space between the GrandStaffed violin group and the subsequent lower strings. I want the vertical space of a nested GrandStaff to be space in a similar fashion as the lower three staves (no extra space between viola and violin II. It's probably because the GrandStaff by default has it's own staff group way of separating itself from other staff groups. But I only want the outer staff group to have this spacing.

Many thanks, Michael

music = {c4 c c c | c c c c }

violinIMusic = {
  \relative c'' \music