Re: Centering a stencil on another stencil

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Centering a stencil on another stencil
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:36:46 -0400

Hi Harm,

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 4:48 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It's because centered-stencil centers the stencil around the
> ref-point. In so far your initial examples were misleading because the
> circle-markup is already constructed around his center. Whereas
> NoteHeads have their ref-point at their left side.

I see now, thanks.

> Thanks again for your examples, which gave me the possibility to
> notice the problem.
> I now come up with a simplified coding:

Nice!  Much simpler.  I’ve updated the LSR snippet with your simpler code.  I
also changed it so that the circle is moved so it is centered on the square,
which helps show the need for the function (as opposed to centered-stencil).

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1009

Let me know if there are any further revisions to make.

Cheers,
-Paul