Re: sharping naturals

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: sharping naturals
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:09:14 -0400

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 00:31:42 +0200
Hans Aberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On 25 Jul 2015, at 00:18, Brother Gabriel-Marie
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > My problem was a coding issue, not a musical issue.
> > I wanted a coding solution to save keystrokes but everyone
> > wanted to talk music theory.
>
> If you use
>   \language "english"
> then flats are suffix “f” and sharps “s”, so that saves
> keystrokes.

I hate that "f". "b" for flats makes more sense to me, and I use
that sometimes too. And IMO the option of using "#" for sharps
would be a good idea. That makes a language suitable for
indicating music to be written by hand or quoting a few
notes or chords in text. If it could be used to enter notes in
lilypond as well, it would be very much more useful, IMO.

I'd call it American-International.

Kindest regards, Rale

--
Guitar teaching materials and original music for all styles and
levels. Site: http://www.openguitar.com (()) eMail: