Re: string harmonics with cue notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: string harmonics with cue notes
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 21:44:09 +0200

Malte Meyn <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 14.08.2015 um 19:34 schrieb Malte Meyn:
>>
>> This is not a very clean solution but you might find something helpful
>> in it ;)
>>

> For example, I haven’t understood completely yet when to use #arg and
> when $arg in a music. duration apparently needs a $ but the other
> occurences of $ can be changed to # without any visible change …

# works without copying and without syntactic interpretation of the
expression's type.  So if the expression is of the "most expected type"
and/or the code is prepared to deal with syntactic classes manually
without help of the Bison parser generator, # will likely work.  Inside
of music expressions, this means that mostly just music will work.  And
since there is no copying, you must use each #... music expression at
most once since music expressions may rewrite their constituents (like
inside of \transpose or \relative) and that should not affect other
uses.

--
David Kastrup