Re: error code question

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: error code question
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 20:52:25 +0000

Thanks for your help. The problem was not including spacer rests for the opening grace notes in the measure counter.

All the best,

Craig

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 at 20:46 Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Lilyponders,
>
> When compiling quite a large score I'm getting this error. Could anyone tell me where to even start looking for the problem?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Craig
>

> Drawing systems.../Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:1391:18: In procedure ly:grob-array->list in _expression_ (ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object left-bound #)):
>
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/scm/output-lib.scm:1391:18: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Grob_array): ()
>
> Exited with return code 1.
>

> Craig Dabelstein

Most likely you somewhere apply a custom-function with
(ly:grob-array->list (ly:grob-object left-bound
in the code.

ly:grob-object returns an empty list in your case, thus
ly:grob-array->list expecting a grob-array complains. The error
message doesn't return the second argument with which ly:grob-object
is called, so I cn't say more yet.

Find and check this function for typos and/or c/p-errors.

Find where this function is applied in your music, boil it down to a
minimal example and post it here.
Otherwise noone can say why it happens.

Cheers,
  Harm