Re: problem to code page-numbers

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problem to code page-numbers
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:34:46 +0200

> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Finally I want to be able to set every bookparts first-page-numbers
>> indepent and solve the request here:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-08/msg00237.html
>>
>> As far as I know, we have no mechnism for it implemented.
>
> Looking around for information, I was rather startled by finding in the
> _Usage_ manual the following stuff:
>
> @subsubheading Exporting the ToC from LilyPond
>
> This assumes that your score has multiple movements in the same lilypond
> output file.
>
> @smallexample
> #(define (oly:create-toc-file layout pages)
>   (let* ((label-table (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'label-page-table)))
>     (if (not (null? label-table))
>       (let* ((format-line (lambda (toc-item)
>              (let* ((label (car toc-item))
>                     (text  (caddr toc-item))
>                     (label-page (and (list? label-table)
>                                      (assoc label label-table)))
>                     (page (and label-page (cdr label-page))))
>                (format #f "~a, section, 1, @address@hidden, ~a" page text
> label))))
>              (formatted-toc-items (map format-line (toc-items)))
>              (whole-string (string-join formatted-toc-items ",\n"))
>              (output-name (ly:parser-output-name))
>              (outfilename (format "~a.toc" output-name))
>              (outfile (open-output-file outfilename)))
>         (if (output-port? outfile)
>             (display whole-string outfile)
>             (ly:warning (_ "Unable to open output file ~a for the TOC
> information") outfilename))
>         (close-output-port outfile)))))
>
> \paper @{
>   #(define (page-post-process layout pages) (oly:create-toc-file layout
> pages))
> @}
> @end smallexample
>
> Now I don't really have much of an overview here, but I suspect that
> using similar hooks (like page-post-process) might work for your use
> case.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I had difficulties to understand how and why this works.
There is nothing further in our docs or .scm-files.
I had to git grep for `page-post-process'

Meanwhile I've found
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Writing-out-a-table-of-contents-to-a-file-td117759.html#a117764
which probably has lead to the entry in Usage-manual.

Up to now I can't see how it coud help, but I'll investgate further.

Thanks for the hint,
  Harm