Re: Guitar Fret Diagram - scale degree below string

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Guitar Fret Diagram - scale degree below string
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 01:41:53 +0200

> Hi Harm,
>
> your code allows using markup where only numbers are allowed - exacly what I
> was looking for.
> Thanks a lot for this great discovery. It allows "abusing" LilyPond's
> \fret-diagram-verbose for crazy things like this:
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179739/Zwischenablage01.png>

Well, I worked repeatedly on fret-diagrams.scm in the last months, but
putting in text instead of fingers into fret-diagram-verbose is an
_old_ feature.
One of my patches deleted it, because it was never documented.
Now it is, see:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#fret-diagram-markups
Although, the image where a markup is inserted is small.
May be better in the regtests:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/input/regression/4a/lily-c37633ca.png

Btw, your code would have compiled with 2.16.2 (I tested it with this version)
But nowadays the scaling is better.
That's all I could get the credits for ;)

Best,
  Harm