Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:11:03 -0400

> On Aug 18, 2015, at 7:13 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if this function would better be defined in Scheme than C++.  If
>> someone wanted to do something like you're doing, it wouldn't be a trivial
>> matter to first redo the function in Scheme to make the necessary changes.
>
> I'd love to see the KeySig-stencil in scheme in our code-base.

Me too.  The more Scheme the better, IMHO and FWIW.  As long as it makes sense
to those who understand the trade offs, of course.

(Not long ago I was looking at the C++ function that draws ledger lines
(ly:ledger-line-spanner::print in ledger-line-spanner.cc), thinking about
overriding it with a custom function.  Well, I didn’t get very far…  So I’ll
have to look into David N.’s conversion work here.  David N. if at any point
you find yourself looking for another C++ to Scheme translation challenge, let
me know!)

-Paul