Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:26:49 -0400

Hi David,

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 10:27 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks for doing this!  (I should have thought to write it this way in the
> first place!)

Glad to!  Thanks for leading the way on how to convert these C++ functions to
Scheme.

> By the way, later in the thread I posted a correction of the version you're
> commenting, which makes the spacing of naturals tally with the original.
> There's a parens error: should be an extra parens in line 136 to close the
> inner loop and one fewer in line 191.  (I also moved a variable into a named
> let, but that's just cosmetic.)

Got it.  I’ve attached a new version that fixes this.

> By the way, I've also recoded hairpin::print in Scheme, and I'm attaching
> that to this email in case you're interested. Hairpins are another popular
> candidate for customizations and this should make it easier--changing the
> size of the circled-tip, some sort of "shorten-pair," easy addition of
> circles to Ferneyhough hairpins, etc.

Thanks for this!  Seeing how you’ve done these is giving me some confidence
that I might be able to do the same for the ledger line print function.

I made a “commented c++” version of your hairpin code.  This time I used
somewhat larger blocks of code which works better than line by line.  I ended
up also redoing the key signature file that way while I was at it — and made
the paren correction.  Both attached.

Cheers,
-Paul