Re: Randomness in layout

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Randomness in layout
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:18:08 -0700 (MST)

On 8/21/2015 4:14 PM, David Nalesnik-2 [via Lilypond] wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 2:37 PM, David Kastrup <[hidden email]> wrote:
tisimst <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 8/21/2015 5:40 AM, Andrew Bernard [via Lilypond] wrote:
There was one oddity I encountered in the process, though. When I
> irregularized the flags, I noticed that a flag is printed for EVERY note
> within the same chord! Crazy, I know. Sounds like an unnecessary thing
> if you ask me.

Sounds like an undiscovered bug if you ask me.

Yes, I think so.

It appears that there is no provision for redundant flags in Flag::print.

The attached is a diff for a quick test fix.  Only one of the flags is actually pointed to by Stem.flag, and we keep it, suiciding the others.  Don't know if that's adequate.

You can compare the results with and without using this:

Now that's good customer service :-) I'd like to see ANY tech company fix a customer-reported bug that fast. Thanks David!

- Abraham