Re: Distance of grob to barlines

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Distance of grob to barlines
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 12:05:45 -0500

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 11:55 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Can anybody kindly point me to code examples showing how to find the distance of a grob to its nearest enclosing barlines, in Scheme?

I don't know of any examples out there, be this will do it.

This uses the horizontal coordinate of the grob and barline as a simple demonstration.  Depending on what precisely you mean by "distance" (right edge to left edge, left edge to right edge, etc.) you may want to use ly:grob-extent.

That is, instead of ly:grob-relative-coordinate.