Re: vertical spacing of rests

From: Peter Selinger
Subject: Re: vertical spacing of rests
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 22:11:24 -0300 (ADT)

Wait, this didn't quite work:

hideRests = {
  \override Rest.transparent = ##t
}

It almost produces the correct output, but it generates a million
warnings (one for each rest) about a "rest collision" that could not
be resolved. I guess a transparent rest is not the same as a spacer
rest - even though it is invisible, it can still collide.

Also, strangely, the dots on the dotted rests are still visible, even
when the rests themselves are transparent.

Is there a property similar to Rest.transparent that will remove the
rest (effectively turning it into a spacer rest), rather than just
making it invisible?

-- Peter