Re: Make a new staff occupy the same vertical space as a previous staff

From: Joel Ebel
Subject: Re: Make a new staff occupy the same vertical space as a previous staff
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:26:22 -0400

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> The following appears to work here.  Of course it begs the question
> whether we should provide a context definition like that, possibly with
> a better name, in LilyPond by default.

Excellent! That does work, which is good because I discovered that if
I add another staff, then the second half of the line wound up below
that other staff, rather than adjacent to the chordnames, example
below. I would certainly be in favor of a re-usable line context.

\version "2.19.25"
<<
  \new ChordNames {
    << \chordmode { c1 }